Saturday, August 22, 2009

Working? or Studying?

After working for two weeks, I realised a lot of things.
Let's start with bad one first:-

#1 Studying is actually much more easier than working.
#2 Working is much more stressful than facing the examination.
#3 Once you did a mistake, there is no 'undo' or 'edit' word.
#4 Working in finance department, I have to learn how to zip my mouth.
#5 Have to use formal and strictly no shortcut words in writing an email even the email is to be sent to colleague only.
#6 Heavy responsibilities.
#7 Work OT but cannot claim OT.
#8 Everyone is speaking mandarin again (including the managers) but I know they never look down on me because they speak to me in english and I have just told them once only that I can't speak mandarin. (oppsss... no offence =p)

Good things:-
#1 If your work performance is good and out of expectation, there is a salary increment.
#2 Every month get salary $.$
#3 Learn a lot of things - issue cheques, purchase order, invoicing, correct way in answering the phone and writing email...
#4 Can claim transportation expenses.
#5 Friendly colleagues.

So, which one is your choice?
Working or studying?

1 comment:

Wayne y.m.h. said...

Treasure the moment and time when I still have the opportunity to continue my study (So do you). Working is like the second part of the story or sequent after ending of the main original movie(Of course part-time is another different things from this, similar to special edition of the drama).

Working could be good experience for you on account of if you plan to continue your study, the knowledge and information you gain now could allow you more familiar to certain related course you are going to enroll in future. Anyway, nowadays students study's main purpose is to obtain a certificate in order to get a higher paid job in future (only given a chance, indeed).

What I want to say is...Hey, here's the formula:

Studying + Knowledge = Certificate
Experience + Soft Skills = Working

What are you going to get at the end? Of course it's money, right?
More higher you go, you and me as well as all of us required to get some qualifications which we have but other don't.

Certificate > Working, the result could be promotion of jobs.

Working > Certificate, the result could be similar as above provided you have other "successful keys", however, this road may be challenging.

Conclusion, money or value always is the main factor we have to consider before we make a decision.