Friday, July 17, 2009

my first interview!

My first interview at Aljeffri Dean.

It's not as hard as I thought but the question they asked me to do is hard. I can't remember how to do the accrual, prepayment, and balance sheet.

At the end, I can't balance the balance sheet and just wrote half way the report of stock-take. They just gave half an hour to finish do two accounts, one balance sheet and a report.
I did not bring a pen or calculator. So unlucky.
Next time must bring calculator go anywhere.

After finished doing the question, they asked to fill in a form. And then interview.
The interview is okay overall.

Even if I fail to get the job, I will not feel disappointed because I have tried my best. =)
And I must thanks someone for helping me so much =D

10 comments:

Wayne y.m.h. said...

where are the place you go for interview? I mean located at where?

Mio said...

Do you know where is Giant bayan baru? Opposite of it. The road name is Jalan Mayang Pasir.

Wayne y.m.h. said...

Yes, I know the location of the Giant. Wish you all the best in your working. Is the interview just like doing exam paper? I mean how they give your question like giving you all the receipt and orders or past year figures to do reconciliation of the respective acccount?

Mio said...

No. It's not a reconciliation.
They give it like we usually did in exam.
Sales, purchase, stock, depreciation, expenses and a lot of things amount.. Then asked to prepare trading and profit & loss account. After that prepare balance sheet.
The other question is prepare a report about a stock-take by workers.
Actually the prepare the accounts and balance sheet we learnt during semester 1. I just can't remember how to do it.
While for the report, so far I think we never learn that.

Wayne y.m.h. said...

Actually, I have been worried and afraid one thing which is the things we learn in college might not be suitable to apply in our workings. Looks like I'm wrong, maybe we really have to learn how to adapt ourselves to the changing circumstances.

A report about a stock-take by workers?! Isn't that related to the subjects of internal system? Would you like to tell more about the report? I'm interested on that. ^o^

Then when they will inform whether you get you job?

Mio said...

In internal control, we got write this type of report meh?

It asked to write a report your observation of a stock-take by two teams of worker of client's company of your audit firm. The location of stock-take is at your client's factory. You have to write a report under the following headings:-
-Date and time
-Location of stock-take
-Organization of workers
- and so on (sorry I can't remmeber because I didn't finish write the report - not enough time)

They will inform me next week whether I get the job or not.
By the way, do you what position I am applying?

Wayne y.m.h. said...

I really have no idea what position you are applying? Is it something related to auditor's assistant or secretary's assistant?

So about the report, they gave you all the information to you for writing a report?

Mio said...

Yes. It is audit assistant position that I'm applying.

About the report. No, they didn't give all the information. Just like I wrote about.

Wayne y.m.h. said...

That's really a challenging task.

gabe said...

Hi,
I've been reading your comments.
Yes, you are right.
Most of the things you learnt in college are not the same thing you might face in work.

Sometimes I feel college do not really prepare students for work because some students might be shocked to find out that their work is totally different from what they have learnt in college.

Yet, students in college keep pestering lecturers on how to do assignments this and that. At work, your boss don't really bother about you at all or try to help you at all. But in college, the moment the lecturer didnt help the students, the students will start complaining already.

So we have to adapt ourself...